“Dream big and be disruptive. If you are doing the same thing as everyone else, you’ve already failed”
Copyright and Trademark Law
- Advice on copyright matters and related rights.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all kinds of intellectual property contracts and documents (licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, offline and online content exploitation contracts, among others).
- Designing intangible asset protection strategies.
- Advising on intellectual property rights’ violations.
- Advertising: regulatory compliance and contracting.
- Trademark advice and registration.
- Protection and defence against unfair competition.
Media and Entertainment
- Drafting and negotiating agency contracts and distribution of audio-visual content (FTV, PTV, VOD, DTR, DTO, OTT, CATCH UP, etc.).
- Advising on the exploitation of intellectual property rights to derivative products (merchandising).
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for the development and commercialisation of video games. Advising on e-Sports issues.
- Licensing agreements for online and offline content (musical, editorial, photographic, etc.).
- Advising, negotiating and drafting licenses for the broadcasting of sporting and cultural events on television and the Internet.
- Rendering legal advice on the organisation of shows and cultural events (including venue rentals, merchandising sales, ticketing, sponsorships, advertising, etc.).
- Advice and defence of image rights.
- Advertising: Advising on the use of music and/or images in online or offline advertising spaces, segmented advertising, programme advertising; drafting and/or reviewing all types of advertising contracts (service provision, advertising exchange, etc.).
Internet and New Technologies
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all kinds of contracts such as software licenses, technology transfers, contracts for the development of websites, software, apps, maintenance agreements, escrow contracts and outsourcing, among others.
- Advising on all kinds of digital matters: exploitation of contents through the Internet, on-line advertising and promotions, rules for on-line contests, contracts with telephone carriers, inclusion of applications on website or mobile pages and the legal implications, capturing and using the data of registered users and subscriber campaigns, among others.
- Experience with contracts for licensing, maintenance and configuration of solutions based on semantic engineering.
- Drafting of legal notices for websites.
- Advising on the use of third party trademarks or photographs on websites or blogs and on the use of links to third parties pages and/or the reproduction of other people’s works.
- Advising on the application and interpretation of consumer and user regulations.
- Social media: using other people’s contents, operating rules, false profiles, etc.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Data protection audits.
- Helping companies adapt to current personal data protection regulations.
- Drafting risk analysis reports.
- Conducting data protection impact assessments.
- Preparing data processing activity records.
- Drafting and reviewing data processor contracts.
- Drafting and reviewing information and/or consent clauses.
- Analysing the need to appoint a DPO (Data Protection Officer).
- Defending against sanctioning procedures.
- Issues involving the right to be forgotten on the Internet.
- International data transfers.
- Data anonymization processes / Big Data.
- Negotiating and formalising partnerships and joint ventures.
- Corporate operations and structural modifications (mergers, spin-offs, segregations, transformations, capital increases and reductions).
- Corporate governance.
- Family protocols.
- Dissolutions and liquidations.
- Acquisition of assets and debt.
- Due diligence processes.
- Challenging corporate agreements.
- Taxation in general.
- Decisions regarding restructuring family business groups.
- Designing national and international tax structures.
- Optimizing the tax structures of companies or groups of companies.
- Indirect taxes: VAT and Customs.
- Accounting law.
- Taxation of individuals and family businesses.
- Advising on tax inspections.
- Tax procedures.
- Filing of all kinds of legal actions.
- Oral and written proceedings before all kinds of courts.
- Preliminary or fact-finding proceedings.
- Injunctions with or without hearing from defendant.
- Actions for violation of rights (cease and desist, dismissal, compensation).
- National arbitration procedures.
- Insolvency proceedings.